Contributing Author: Marie Segares, Underground Crafter
I’m Marie from Underground Crafter, and I’m delighted to share a roundup with you today.
As a little girl, I would play with my grandmother’s vast button collection. Sometimes, I would even go with her to the specialty sewing shops, where the clerks would pull down narrow boxes of buttons from the shelves for her to look through. Nowadays, you don’t have to live in New York City or near a garment district to get great buttons.
If you’re a button lover, too, you know that the right button can take your crochet project up a notch. Here are ten great cold-weather accessories to adorn with buttons!
1. The Simple Crochet Oatmeal Button Hat by Krista Cagle (Rescued Paw Designs) is a beginner-friendly pattern that lets two buttons shine.
2. The Chunky Button Ribbed Beanie by Bethany Dearden (Whistle & Ivy) looks cozy enough to last all the way through the winter.
3. The Effortless Chic Crochet Beanie by Elena Hunt (Beatrice Ryan Designs) also features two buttons. (The more the merrier!)
4. A row of buttons adds texture and contrast to the Maribel Slouch by Rebecca Langford (Little Monkeys Crochet).
5. The Women’s Crochet Circle Button Hat is another beginner-friendly project by Krista Cagle (Rescued Paw Designs). This one highlights the button with a crocheted circle.
6. The Margaret Button Cowl by Jennifer Dickerson (Fiber Flux) includes a complete video tutorial.
7. The Apple Crisp Cowl by Rebecca Langford (Little Monkeys Crochet) includes styling instructions.
8. The Buttoned Shell Stitch Cowl by Stephanie Lau (All About Ami) uses the space between the shell stitches as buttonholes.
9. The Shell Cowl by Alexis Middleton (Persia Lou) features three covered buttons and has a tight stitch pattern for extra warmth.
10. The Fiona Button Scarf by Jennifer Dickerson (Fiber Flux) can be worn as a traditional scarf, or buttoned together as an infinity scarf. A complete video tutorial is included.
I hope this roundup has inspired you to pick up your hooks!