Contributing Author: Marie Segares, Underground Crafter
I’m Marie from Underground Crafter, and I’m delighted to share a shawl roundup with you today.
I have to admit that I never understood the “shawl craze” until I actually crocheted a few. Now I love bringing a shawl with me wherever I go. Shawls are great for layering — and for looking fabulous!
Here are ten great designs to start – or add to – your handmade shawl collection.
1. Pineapples for Everyone Shawl | Marie Segares (that’s me!), Underground Crafter
A triangular shawl recipe pattern that can easily be customized with different yarn weights or by adding or reducing the number of repeats. It can be made in one color, or in several.
2. Lavender Blooms Shawl | Jessie Rayot, Jessie At Home
A striking triangular shawl in two colors. Choose coordinating or contrasting colors for different effects.
3. Coraline in Wine Country | Celina Lane, Simply Collectible Crochet
If you’re new to shawls, there’s even a helpful video tutorial by Bobwilson123.
4. Dixie Charm | Kathy Lashley, ELK Studio
A lacy and large triangular shawl with a decorative edging.
5. Saffron Sweet Shawl | Lorene Eppolite, Cre8tion Crochet
A dramatic, lacy, triangular shawl crocheted in a light weight yarn.
6. Crochet Shawl Scarf | Delia Randall, Delia Creates
Can be worn as a jumbo scarf or as a rectangular wrap. There are progress photos included in the pattern that help with hook placement.
7. Doubled Pineapples Fling Wrap | Kim Guzman, Crochet Kim
Perfect for crochet pineapple lovers!
8. Alpine View Wrap | Jennifer Dickerson, Fiber Flux
A reversible shawl with a slightly different appearance on each side. The size of this triangular shawl is also easy to customize.
9. Penelope’s Flirty Shawl | Celina Lane, Simply Collectible Crochet
A long and lacy rectangular shawl that can be worn in many ways.
10. Juliette Shawl | Jessie Rayot, Jessie at Home
Combines a circular closure (so it never falls off) with a triangular point (so it creates a dramatic look). This pattern is crocheted in several gradually changing colors for a dramatic effect.
I hope this roundup has inspired you to pick up your hooks!